Monday, April 22, 2013

School Is Over and We are Strangers



             
   Before You read this mini-writes. I wanted to let you know what inspired it, in a previous blog I wrote about how school is ending, and how we are strangers on earth. The title was School is almost over (We are strangers) I thought that would be a cool title. So I decided to write about someone who went to school, and when they finished everyone was still a stranger to them. So I thought I will twist it in with my story, like a mini story. So enjoy :D



    I walked slowly to the exit, dragging my feet and taking my sweet time. There was no rush, no reason for me to run. Today was the last day of school, and I was afraid of leaving. There were so many things I should’ve have done and said, but for some reason I never did.  All the kids were screaming with joy when the bell rang, happy to leave the school, but not me. What joy was there in leaving a place where I didn’t leave my mark behind? I was too afraid of letting people in, to afraid to say a word. So now here I am regretting everything, afraid to take another step forward.  The place I had longed to leave since I got there had become a quite home in my heart.  The people I was too afraid to let in had eased their way in between the cracks of my heart.
            The people who looked at me, and shared a conversation with me didn’t know me any better than the day we met, because I would not let them. Even if they wanted to know me or be my friend I would not have let them. 
     The exit of the school was nearing, and my feet wouldn’t move. I was stuck, should I have let them in? Would they really have cared? Why does this bother me so much? Why am I here stuck?
            A hand grabbed my shoulder, and I spun around and I met her eyes. It was of one of my peers Carla. She had a smile planted on her face, and then it quickly vanished when she saw my eyes. I covered my face, trying to hide the tears, and all the pain.
            “What is wrong?” She asked gently.
            The genuine concern I heard in her voice, only brought more tears. Is it possible she really cares?
            “Conrad are you okay?” I hadn’t realized she knew my name, I had never talked to her before.
            I wiped my eyes, and forced a smile,
            “I am fine I was just sneezing,” I said.
            She looked at me strangely and then she smiled.
I quickly turned away and started walking towards the door, secretly wishing she would pull me back, and ask me another question, but she didn’t. She let me go, she allowed me to keep walking. She believed I was fine, and didn’t bother to question me further. I approached the door, and walked past it. I suddenly was glad I was leaving this place, the place where no one cared enough. I looked backwards, and saw Carla laughing with her friends, and I thought.
School is over and we are still strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment