Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Little Brother: Episode Two

Little Brother: Episode Two



Little Brother -.-

Max was waiting outside of the school for his grandparents to come and pick him up, it was already 3:40 they should have been here 40 minutes ago. Max went into his book bag, and dug out his phone.

Jamming his grandparent’s number into his phone he now waited for them to pick up.

"The number you are trying to reach is not available-"

"Ugh!" Max closed his phone and slumped to the ground.

"Hey Max! Why are you still here?"

Max turned around and saw Aubrey, his heart rushed and he stood up and walked over to her.

"My grandparents are just late, why are you still here?"

"Oh I normally stay after school if I don't know what to do when I get home. After we left P.E, I just didn’t feel like going home. Besides, I normally just join a club when I don’t want to go home, no one seem to mind."

"Oh I never knew that,"

"You need a ride or something, a phone?"

"Could I borrow your phone?"

"Sure thing, here you go,"

Aubrey handed him her phone, and Max was so tempted to scroll through her text history, but he was too afraid that she would see him.

Max punched in his number and waited...

"Hello this is-"

"Grandma? This is Max!"

"Oh hi Max what's wrong dear?"

"Aunt Veronica said you were going to pick me up today,"

"What? She never told me that...I could come and pick you up but it would take at least another hour,"

"An hour!?"

"Yes an hour, I have to pick up my son in law from the airport."

"What!"

"Yes, so it looks like you are going to be waiting for a while, unless you can get a ride. Well I need to go, I'm driving."

"Bye Grandma…"

Max hung up, and handed Aubrey her phone.

"Thanks."

"Is everything okay?"

"No, my Grandma won't be picking me up for another hour, I'm going to die if I have to stay here for another hour."

"Haha, hey I could find out if any of my senior friends can give you a ride."

"Seniors? I don't know about that. I'm a freshman and seniors don't normally take kindly to freshies."

"Oh that's a lie, just something you watch on T.V. These guys are cool."

"Ok, I'll see."

"Hey look there's Henry." Aubrey waved her hand, and Henry smiled, and ran over to us.

"So much for you not being popular" Max said with a laugh.”

"Knowing one or two people does not make me popular."

"Hey gorgeous what can I do for you," Henry said with a smile.

Max hated how he looked at Aubrey he wanted to punch the guy, but he was twice his size.
 

"Can you give one of my friends a ride home?"
 

"Any friend of yours is a friend of mine."

"Hey Max, where do you live?"

"Um right in front of the deli on 116th street."

"Really? I live in that same area, I can ride with you, and we could walk together."

"Cool, that's sounds nice to me."

Max wondered why she always wanted to hang out with him.  Surely she had to like him a little. It was the only logical reason.
 

"So it looks like I'm giving Cinderella and one of her mice a ride home. At least I'll find out where you live” Henry said with a playful smile

"Now that is creepy" Aubrey said with a laugh.

"You guys can start walking to my car it's that black hummer over there."

"No way? Those cars guzzle gas." Max exclaimed.

"Hey I don't pay for the gas so I can't complain."

"Your parents must be rich," Max said.

"Yeah they have a nice bit on their hands Mac."

"It's Max"

"Whatever you say Mac, look I got to pick up a few stuff I’ll be right back."

Henry tossed Aubrey the keys,

"I'm sure you know how to unlock the doors"

"No I forgot," Aubrey said sarcastically.

Max and Aubrey walked off towards the hummer, and Max thought Henry was sick.

"That guy is a complete creep, I don't see how you two are friends."

"We met under...similar circumstances. Sometimes when you go through rough times you forget what class or type of person you are supposed to hang out with. So we became friends of sorts,"

"Hmm I see,"

Max saw Aubrey grab her phone and she started texting again. Even though she told him she was texting no one Max was still a little jealous. He wondered what was so important that all her attention turned towards it. He didn't believe that she was writing down her notes, he really didn't.
 

Aubrey put her phone away, and put the keys in the door, and unlocked the doors.

"This really is a sweet ride."

"Yeah it is rather nice," Aubrey said.

"Aren't you going to sit shotgun?"

"No I'd rather sit in the back next to you then to be up there with him, without a word to say."

"Hmm I suppose that makes sense, but I think you will get Henry upset. He looked like he was just looking forward to being with you."

"Henry might seem like a creep but he really isn't. That's just how he acts, but I know him, and he's not like that so you can stop insinuating that."

Max wondered why she got so heated,

"You like the guy or something?"

"What up with you Max, I don't like him. That's not the answer to everything. I can be nice to someone without liking them, and you should know that. I just know Henry isn't like that."

"Whatever,"

"I'm sorry Max, I don't mean to be mean to you. Hey I almost forgot I made you something."
 
Max felt like she was treating him like a little kid, and it sickened him. Even though Max was younger then Aubrey he didn't need that from her.

Aubrey handed him an origami flower.

"I made it myself, and look it's your favorite color." Aubrey smiled down at him, but there was something in her smile, it was loving, but in a sisterly way almost.

"Thanks, it looks really nice. I never knew you knew how to make Origami."

"Yeah someone taught me how to make it...he was the best."

Max felt jealousy run through his veins, he didn't know who Aubrey was talking about, but he felt hate stir inside of him towards whoever it was.

"He could make anything out of Origami, way better than anyone I ever knew.”

"Who is he your ex?"

"No he was...my little brother."


No comments:

Post a Comment