Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Dream vs The Reality


The Dream

Sometimes I pretend that I am a snowflake,
White and tiny and perfectly formed.
I float on the air, on a pale blue moon at night
I'm never lonely.
I'm beautiful, and slender,
Oh and I'm loved.
I see a man,
With his hand stretched out,
I drift down and reach that hand.
I'm enclosed by his warmth, and I melt with his love.
(Lyrics from The Twilight Zone by Marge Poem format created by Priscilla Velez, as well as Poem title.)
To all the Mar'es out there who do not feel that they are beautiful or loved. I wrote this poem to you. I write it in the tense of God, a loving father writing to his broken daughter who has been deceived into believing that she is not beautiful.

The Reality

You don't need to pretend anymore Marge
You don't need to run and hide
Your beautiful don't you see Marge
More beautiful than anything
A snowflake pales in comparison Marge
Please just look at me
You don't need to be slender and small to be beautiful Marge
When I see you I see only beauty
The hand you're reaching for Marge
It's me
Can't you see
I made you Marge
And I see only beauty
So you don't need to dream Marge
Your dream is your reality
You are more beautiful than anything Marge
Stop wishing for what's clearly seen
Just grab my hand I'll show you real love
I'll show you that it's not something in your body
I made you Marge
I knitted you in your mother's womb
Just know this one thing Marge
Please just look at me
I think you are beautiful Marge
And I think you are wonderfully made
So stop dreaming 
Stop wishing
Because you are true beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment